In celebration of the fall season, the Eagle Eye is holding a pumpkin carving contest. Put your creativity and knife skills to work by transforming an ordinary pumpkin into a work of art.
The top three entries will be decided by the most “likes” on our Instagram feed (@hbaeagleeye) and will win gift cards to Amazon. The Eagle Eye staff will also select an additional winner for the “Staff Favorite” prize.
We hope this contest will inspire you to get together with your family for a fun fall activity. While the rules require that you to do all the carving yourself, don’t hesitate to brainstorm for ideas with your family members and maybe even let them participate as “backseat carvers.” Plus, you can enjoy some roasted pumpkin seeds with them afterwards.
Deadline: Submissions must be received by Thursday, October 29 at 8 p.m.
How to submit: Entry Form (You must be logged in to your school Google account.) Submit 2 pictures – one showing just your pumpkin and one showing you with your pumpkin. The one with just your pumpkin should not contain any visual information that could help people identify who carved it.
Prizes: $30 (1st), $20 (2nd), $10 (3rd) Amazon Gift Cards; $10 (Staff Favorite Prize)
- Only HBA students currently enrolled in grades 7 through 12 are eligible to enter.
- Students currently enrolled in the fall semester News Production Class are not eligible to enter.
- One entry per student.
- Each entry must be carved entirely by the entrant.
- Use only real pumpkins.
- Inappropriate or offensive submissions (as defined by the school handbook) will be automatically disqualified.
- Pumpkins must have been carved in the month of October 2020.
- Eligible entries will be posted on the Eagle Eye Instagram feed (@hbaeagleeye) on Friday, October 30.
- The top 3 winners will be detemined by the number of “likes” in the Instagram posts.
- Additionally, Eagle Staff will select a Staff Favorite winner.
- Winners will be officially notified on Saturday, October 31.