This year’s prom will be featuring a “promposal” contest, which is open to all juniors and seniors.
Film your “promposal” and email it to HBAPromCommittee@gmail.com. Finalists will be announced in mid-February. The winning couple gets priority for dinner and photos.
- “Promposals” during class time will be disqualified.
- Any that are disruptive to the school environment or leave a mess will be disqualified.
- Disqualifications will be made by junior class advisers.
- Anything inappropriate will be referred to the Vice Principal.
The junior advisers will be looking for the most thoughtful, funniest, or sweetest “asks”. “Promposals” should not leave the “askee” feeling uncomfortable or embarrassed, and no points will be awarded for the most money spent. Also, remember the “promposal” does not have to be in front of everyone to be sweet.
For example, Vice Principal Ryan Frontiera used to surf all the time so when he was in high school, a girl asked him to Skaties by showing up to his house wearing fins, a mask, and snorkeling attire. Quite creative!
You could even have one group of friends ask another group to come with them. This is not just restricted to couples.
- Email videos to HBAPromCommittee@gmail.com
- All emails need to include the names of all students in the video (all of the “askers” and all of the “askees”) and their graduation years.
- The deadline for submissions is FEBRUARY 12, 2016.
Please see junior adviser Claire Mitchell or junior Davis Tsuha with any questions, comments, or concerns. Happy promposing!